12 May 2011

Biking to work

So the month of May is National Bike to Work month. It focuses on saving gas, energy, and keeping our united states citizens healthy since we are a rich and fat people who get lazy because we are used to our perks that we have such as cars, and electronics. Don't get me wrong I love having these little benefits in life but excessive amounts of these little pleasures soon take over and we lose who we as humans are.

Any whom, I have almost biked to work 70% of this month, sadly a little speed bump of rain and snow made it hard to get 100%. But my goal is to get up to 90% by the end of the month. We will see how I do, since vacation is going to cut into my percentages. That actually makes it a bit easier also cause the weather forecast says it should be semi cold in Idaho while we are sitting in the already semi chilled Oregon Coast.

I will post up pics when I am done with the bike to work month. I got a participants t-shirt and a reflector that gets discounts to local businesses that are participating in the event. So if you have a bike and are willing to take a bit more out of your day, make sure your business is participating and you can get some free stuff also =]

No comments:

Post a Comment