18 February 2012

Harry Potter: Childhood Books



I have to admit that I am an addict to novels, and reading.  Recently I have acquired multiple audio-books.  I have listened to thousands of these in the past, and recently I have been running into time issues, well better stated time management issues haha.  Any whom I  have recently listened to the Hobbit, and started my way into the Lord of the Rings series.  Among my wonderful audio experience I ran into a bout with other options to  listen.

It turned out that our order for the Harry Potter on Blu-Ray collection arrived on Thursday.  That meant that I have to plow through the series as quickly as possible.  So I started listening to the books again.  I forgot how many memories I have as a child with those books.  I grew up with Harry.  We aged the same time.  I know it might sound nerdy, but if you have read other blog posts I have written you shouldn't honestly consider yourself a fan/friend if you think so.  Secretly we all have nerdy habits about us, and I am willing to admit that I am a nerd.

So we have already made it through the first couple of movies and today is also writing day.  I edited my novel and realized that Baelki now has a total of 7 written chapters.  This totals us out to 14,000 written words.  Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone has a total of 72,000 words.  The books I am trying to monitor myself off of though are the Wheel of Time Series.  They have on average 300,000 words.  I have quite a way to go, but a huge dent has been made in the series.  I don't know how many people are interested in the collection, but I hope to be published someday.  Dreams are good to have though.

Well I don't have much more to say, but I did want to let you all know that I am still working on my series.  I haven't given up and a future of my novel looks bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment