03 September 2013

Wii will rock U



Lately I have been perusing the inter-webs enjoying Google+ Commentary on new gaming systems that are on the horizon, including the PS4 and XBox One.  I am not going to lie, they look like great systems.  Though the part that truly bothers me is that the Wii U is completely disregarded by people.  I understand that no it doesn't have the highest specs that the PS4 is toting around, but who can argue with the proprietary games that Nintendo has published on their devices.  Ranging form Metroid to Zelda I can tell you that I am not feeling buyers Remorse.  Though most of the titles I do want are not yet released, I can tell you that I am anxiously engaged on Nintendo's forums and adds.  They have me hooked.  I can't wait for the new Smash Bros release, or the new Zelda (Or even the Zelda Wind Maker HD Re-release).  There is quite a bit of titles to get excited about.

I do feel sad for those game developers that are claiming the Wii U is under powered for their engines, even though a year ago some of the those companies released titles and claimed that the Wii U was so much easier to develop for.  I follow kickstarter regularly though excited when I see a new game that gets labeled with the Wii U as a stretch goal.  The future, though it seems to be bleeding with anger and hate from the online forums, seems to be a bit brighter for my little box of joy.  Another point to think about is price.  Nintendo made the device very affordable from the start, and recently pulled it down by fifty dollars.  The Wii U also has more titles released for it than the new consoles will have when they get released, and this year Nintendo has pumped out a ton of new titles for us all to enjoy.  Christmas is starting to look bright for those nerdy kids like me.

The Tablet controller was kind of different at first, I am not going to lie, but now I can't stand not having a map in the palm of my hands while playing other games.  I sat down on a PS3 the other day and tried to play Assassin's Creed, or Deus Ex Human Revolution, and started to get frustrated from the lack of controller functionality.  The screen gets cluttered with push a to see more menus or press here for your map.  I can say that having that second screen made gameplay on my HD TV look that much better.  I can't wait for Deus Ex to get released later this month.  If you haven't heard about it I will link a Trailer right here.


They upped some of the graphics, and that tablet support that debuts at the end just looks gorgeous.

Last point and I promise I am done being annoying.  My virtual titles purchases now have an HD upgrade.  All my already previously owned Wii titles work just fine with my Wii U.  I am glad that I never got any GameCube games, but come on who actually bought a game cube?  Once again that is another point to bring up, Nintendo has had bad systems in the past that flopped but the Wii U is stacking up nicely for those who already own a Wii.  I love having HDMI and better graphics.  I play Nintendo Land on a frequent basis and have had a tough time playing through ZombiU as well.  If you are one of the spec junkies you just wants the highest of the high then no you shouldn't get a Wii U, but if you like good graphics for a reasonable price then yes you should buy one today.

I hope that you all have a good week, good luck getting over the Tuesday Blues because yesterday was a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment