05 September 2013

For all the Golden Locks



It was last year around April we heard some sad news that a family member was diagnosed with Cancer.  As a child I had a friend who passed away at an early age from Oligodendroglioma, but we together as a scout troop when he was diagnosed shaved our heads for him.  It was rather comical to see the eight of us gathered around, and from what I could tell it made him happy to have us all be a part of that with him.  I decided that since as a child I had joined my friend in a time of need by sharing something with him, that my family member deserved respect as well.  This time though instead of deciding to shave my head and join most of the family I grew my hair out to donate to Locks of Love.

If you haven't heard of the program I really do suggest that you look into it.  It has been a rather interesting journey of growing out my hair.  I am sure that those of you who have seen me have noticed that I keep it basically pulled back in a ponytail.  I couldn't figure out what to do with my hair, most men in our culture don't maintain long hair as often and style is just over my head.  I tried to see what male models were doing, but their hair looked horrible and I couldn't handle trying to impersonate someone I wasn't.  So long story short I just brushed it used oils and products to keep it healthy and took a lot of biotin to speed up the process.

I always have had strange hair for an Idahoan, so it wasn't that big of a deal to see me with long hair.  So below I have a picture of me at the beginning back in April of 2012 and a couple of photos of before and after below.  It is strange to think how quickly time can go by.  I hope that all of you who have joined the program or have benefited from the program have enjoyed your journey and result as much as I have.

The was from Warped Tour in June 2013 (if you can't tell I am the tall guy with dark black hair standing behind Aubrey)

This was from Charley's Wedding, Aubrey lost her shoe

And here was the fateful moment of when my hair was cut off and packaged up to be sent in.


And this is what I looked like after the cut.  I can tell you my head felt lighter.

Lastly this is what I look like 2 weeks after donation day.  Nothing extreme like my hairstyle I had when I was engaged, or the one I had when I got married, but still looking much better than day 1 after the cut.

This is 2 weeks after the donation day.  I feel much more like my old self, and I think I look younger as well can't go wrong with looking younger right?


Also just to relive the past here are a few pictures of my hair (Along with other fun events of my life hope you enjoy =])
This is from High School back in 2006.  My hair looked terrible after I had requested to get highlights.  She took it for bleach my entire head...

This was a Road Trip to go to a friends wedding, but we couldn't find the address and wound up eating pie and visiting the love interest (who in turn ended up being my Wife) back in 2009

Still from 2009 this was around Warped Tour

A band pic from Fake Safety Tips in later 2009

Our engagement Photos from March 2010

This is from our Reception, yet again another hairstyle in 2010

Spent a night on the Town with a friend 2010

This is me at work back in the beginning of 2011

Brie and I went to Lagoon, and my job was cool enough to let me have 3 colors in my hair 2011

This was around the time we decided that I was going to grow my hair out.  We were at the Idaho Falls Museum in 2012.

I couldn't resist posting the pirate pics, cause my hair totally reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean Halloween 2012.

Anyway I hope that you enjoyed reliving my hairstyles of a past life, and I hope that I can continue to bring something fun to table every time you see me.












No comments:

Post a Comment